What Is Accounting and Finance?
Accounting and Finance is a complex and challenging field to study. It is the process of analysing financial transactions. It combines elements of business, finances, management and analysis. It requires a high understanding of mathematics and a love for businesses. If that sounds like something for you, keep on reading these reasons why you should study accounting and finance.
Why Study Accounting and Finance?
- It’s in demand – Businesses all over the world in various sectors require accountants and finance roles alike. This means there are a huge amount of opportunities that you could work in. You could choose your sector of business and work in your dream company. As it is in such high demand, you wouldn’t have to worry so much about finding work after you finish your study.
- Great variety of jobs – After studying Accounting and Finance, you could go on to gain a job as a chartered accountant, an economist, an investment banker and many more. As it is business focused, skills in this area would also look fantastic for any kind of business role. Further, you will gain a number of other skills useful for all careers such as interpersonal skills, team working skills and most of all, a high level of intelligence.
- You will gain a vast number of skills under your belt – You will learn how to use many different programs and software used in the industry in professional roles. You will learn how to communicate effectively within businesses and liaise with colleagues and other professionals as well as have business awareness. You will learn how to handle business accounts and how to analyse large amounts of information. You’ll also learn economic theory, mathematics economics and commercial law.
- You may have opportunities to go abroad – You may have the option to go abroad and experience the cultural difference in the economy. If you love to travel all over the world then this could be a profession for you.
- You could earn a high salary – Accountants and chartered accountants earn a healthy salary. Those specialising in economics also usually earn large amounts. If you have the brain for a job like this, it would be a very smart move to put your skills to good use.
Courses for Accounting and Finance
You can choose to study Accounting and Finance in a few different ways. The most highly ranked qualification would be a degree in these topics. A degree would set your pathway up to a job straight out of University. University can be a long and expensive process, over 3 or 4 years so you may decide to do a course in Accounting and Finance. A HND in Business Accounting and Finance may be a more affordable route, it is not as expensive as University fees yet it will still make up the first 2 years of University. If you are already in full time work but you want to change career direction, it may be beneficial to take an online course.
Even if you did not wish to become an accountant, any skills in this area would boost your CV and look highly desirable for potential employers. The study of Accounting and Finance is very business focused, if you wanted to venture more into business matters, you could take a business course and then specialise in an area you find most interesting.